Tuesday, November 14, 2006


Christchurch.

We are now enjoying a stay with Andrew and Jayne Watt and their son Reuben. It is really nice not to be be in a youth hostel for a couple of nights. Andrew and Jayne's place is fantastic and a short bus journey from town.

We missed out on the whale watch due to the weather, but visited a fur seal colony on the outskirts of Kaikora. They are huge! The wildlife is amazing. Some great views on snow clad mountains too.

Today we've been on the trams and done all the tourist stuff in town. Tomorrow we head to Dunedin YHA for a couple of nights, followed by.... "who knows!!!"

Hi to all - great to hear from the Maghull Germans and Ian L in Belfast.

Huge thanks to the Watts for letting us stay.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there gang just checking that you havent gone into fun overload!!!!
So whats next on the adventure list then????
Tom and Maya look like there having fun and I bet your in your element with all those snow capped mountains,I've started my savings jar!!!!!!
Take good care,It's not the same doing jobs in your house without Tom to show me what to do?
Love to you all
Gareth xxxx

David Berg said...

Gareth, we need you here! All sorts of things keep cropping up and I know if I was at home I'd "ask gareth!" Take care and thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't believe there are STILL no photos of Dave.

Is this because you don't want anyone at home to see your new mohawk haircut and beard?

A mid-life crisis is nothing to be ashamed of, bruv. Next time you're on the beach in those speedos, just pass the camera to Wendy!

And you can always take the nose ring out so that Grace and Ron don't see it. xxx

degsy said...

Kaikoura looks like crosby beach!! you all look marvelous

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy and Dave
Third time lucky at leaving a message
Jayne

Anonymous said...

Hi trying again
jayne

Anonymous said...

Hi well tired to write more detailed message but no luck
Jayne

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys
sorry for the disappointment as you look on your blog and see you have lots of messages only to realise three or four are trial runs from us.
Hope you had a safe journey to your final destination and have found suitable accommodation for now. I have been told that you can hire furniture for a house if you can only get unfurnished so it is worth looking into.
Yesterday after the shopping trip, Reuben ran into the house and looked in every room looking for Tom and Maya.
Last night while I was on the computer, Andrew found the half eaten box of chocs, which is suprising as he can usually sinff the out within a mile radius. So thanks for the gifts
We will be keeping you close in our thoughts and prayers. Keep intouch and remember our home is always open to you should you find time to visit.
Love
Thwe Watt Clan

Anonymous said...

Come on...come on! Let's have more blog news. My day is now puncuated by random visits to this blog to see what is happening "down in Bergland" (apologies to Joe Zaiwinul). Much vicarous pleasure is being derived from these visits so please post post post! Can you tell I am underemployed at the moment?

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys
We also want to know how your getting on.
I hope you understood our last entry. Reuben was playing up and pressing the keys. It is very difficult using a computer and keeping a 23 month old amused at the same time.
We have not come across any items of yours yet, so I am very impressed as I usually leave something of Reubens behind. You left at the right time as we went to meet friends at a camp sight in Oxford yesterday ( a one hour dirve out of Christchurch) and it rained all day. we were initiallly going to go camping ourselves but were glad we didn't. Spent the day in a tent with eighteen adults and children so I am sure youth hostels are a breeze compared to that.
It is nice today so we have been out and about and are now off to the beach for a walk.
Take Care
Love!
The Watt Clan