Saturday, January 13, 2007
After having a lazy morning chatting on Skype to Degsie, Paul Bradshaw , Richie and Grace; we ventured out onto the Otago Peninsula. We visited the Portabello Aquarium and then headed toward the albatross colony at Taiaroa Head. We saw a few seals and sea lions along the way. The photo is of a young male Hooker's sea lion -( I think - anyone know better??) We called at Pilot Beach and had a play. If we'd been able to stay until dusk we would have seen the penguins coming in to their nests, but we headed home, promising the children that we will return within the month and see them. The Albatross eggs will have hatched by then, so we will go and see the chicks. The parents have 3m wing spans, so I don't think we will get too close! We are still loving being here, but missing you all of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Dave,Wendy,Tom & Maya,
Just to say hello & hope your all well. I have enclosed my email address one that actually works! obviously a first for me!
This is my email address:
sgrimwood@hotmail.co.uk
Recent news Is: I was very careless yesterday, as I left my little finger in the path of a door frame whilst we where experiencing a 80mile per hour winds catching my finger when the door Slammed shut resulting in along wait in the AE having to have X-rays and eventually!!!!9!!! stitches (at least it gets me out of the washing and a week off work)although Suzy doesn’t see it like that as she is having to double up on the running around now such as driving not forgetting my share of the washing so there’s not much sympathy :(
Hope to here from you shortly,
All the best Steve
Post a Comment