Sunday, June 03, 2007




Christchurch Road Trip




Day break was stunning on Thursday morning, after taking in the view from the deck, Andre and I headed up to a school trustee training in Christchurch. The five hour drive was punctuated with a few stops, including a visit to the Moeraki boulders. The boulders are almost spherical are explained in two quite different ways. One explanation states that they were formed some 60 million years ago by lime salts on the sea bed. While the other claims they were the food baskets from a wrecked Maori ancestral canoe. I'm going with the latter!

The trustee training was really interesting - but not particularly blog-worthy! That evening we stayed the night with Andrew, Jayne (nee Simpson) and Reuben Watt in their lovely home. They made us very welcome. Jayne and reminisced about the old days trading stories about about the Holmfield Road and Calthorpe Street era - Andre and Andrew were very patient!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Rob says.....the boulders are fossilized coral reefs. Now I am really confused!