Saturday, December 08, 2007



How much fun can you fit into one Saturday?



Wendy was working a late shift this afternoon , so we decided to make the most of the morning by getting out body-boarding. It was wonderful! The surf was great and safe with no rip, so we could all get out and get walloped by some powerful waves. The water was surprisingly warm - though I wouldn't have done it without a wet suit!


As Wendy was getting ready for work, we were invited out to Bethune's Gully with two families we know for a BBQ. It is a beautiful park area surrounded by trees with a creek flowing down from Mt Cargill. Dunedin City Council provide gas barbies for the public to use free of charge - how great is that? The children had a ball playing in the river and charging round the place. It was a shame Wendy wasn't free! She really loves her job, but I guess that barbie next to a river on a warm summer's night would have swung it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although no one leaves a comment, we still read it regularly. Life looks too good out there, a little warmer than when we were there. Have the summer Hols started yet?

Speak to you all soon


Richie xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Steady on Richie! I do read them I'm just waiting for the beach babe photos before I post again. Even a picture of car would do!

In terms of what you can fit in on a Saturday lets see?

Entertaining Spaniards: Breakfast for 9, shopping trip to Speke with coffee break at Borders. Trip to Underwater Street in the Cunard building for 7 kids followed by a tour of Anfield and museum for 5 people. This is of course an extensive tour unlike the tour of Everton! Home to watch the football on Livefooty for free, then dinner for 14, followed by bed.

Thats how much you can fit into one day!

Oh yes and it was my Birthday as well!

P.S. Richie's got Sky and has put on 10 stone!!!!

Dave Pendo

Anonymous said...

Hello to all the Bergs! I'm sorry for not being in touch for ages. I think Richie is trying to guilt trip everyone! For some reason your blogspot is barred on my school network and I never get to use the computer at home. In fact, the only reason I'm on now is because Richie is out! Anyways, I hope u r all doing well and enjoying your warm Christmas season (not jealous at all!). It feels like ages since we were with you- we miss u loads. speak soon. Lots and lots of love siobhan xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Greetings from the Bradshaws!
Happy Christmas to you all - perhaps we can skype again on Christmas Eve like we did last year?
Paul, Jayne, James and Helena xxx
paul.bradshaw@tesco.net