Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Maungatua from Woodside Glen with the Parkies









We've enjoyed a couple of good walks since we've been back - despite the weather! On Monday we were packed and ready to do a two day hike staying at Big Hut, but a closed road due to Winter conditions caused a re-think (probably a good job!) Instead we walked up Mangatau - which was delightful. We encountered steep muddy slopes, steep icy slopes, and giant grass which all contributed to great family adventure.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave Packwood said

Dave it was great to catch up with you, wendy, tom and maya, even though we have missed you loads it is great to see that you have all enjoyed it so much, loved maya's kiwi accent. keep in touch and skype soon

dave

David Berg said...

It was great to catch up with the Packwoods too! Sorry I was so exhausted by the time we got to your place. Maybe next time we meet up it will be here!!!

Anonymous said...

Pendo

Berg, are you all OK after the earthquake?!!! I'm sure were you were it had a simialr effect to a mild curry but we do worry about you!!!!

I was very sad when you left!

David Berg said...

Hey Pendo, miss you too!

The earthquake was interseting - I was Skype texting Gareth when it happened - for a minute I thought my chair was giving way under me as a result of too many curries.

Spk soon.

David Berg said...

INTERESTING!!